Remember THAT viral video? You know, the one where the mom wears the Chewbacca mask? Her contagious laugh was heard all over the interwebs. Today my friend and vodcast host, Kay Wyma, and I are thrilled to chat with the one and only Chewbacca Mom, Candace Payne.
Listen in as Candace gives us a glimpse into more of her story. And talks about finding satisfying joy in all of life’s circumstances.
Happiness brings instant gratification based on things that happen to us… Joy’s that thing that satisfies and lasts beyond [circumstances].
What we chat about:
- How joy informs who we are “behind the mask.”
- Finding joy in the little things… like a Chewbacca mask in the clearance aisle of Kohl’s.
- Overcoming adversity by choosing positivity.
- The two types of joy and where we can find true satisfaction.
- Changing a “never” list to an “always” list.
- Choosing hope over fear, and thriving even when the worst-case happens.
- What can happen when you stop living in anxiety.
- Fighting comparison, the frenemy of joy.
Direct download: GCMCandacePayneEp184.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CDT