Jump into this special episode from the God Centered Mom “Live” event held November 3 to celebrate four years of the GCM podcast. Guests, Kat Lee & Wynter Pitts share about mentorship, friendship and dealing with fear and insecurity in motherhood.
What we chat about:
- Kat Lee and Wynter Pitts’ motherhood stories
- Dealing with insecurities in motherhood
- The importance of having mentors and deep friends in the motherhood journey
- Mentors don’t have to be older than you or available weekly. Find a way to make mentorship work for you.
- Think of areas you are struggling with and look for someone who excels in that area to mentor you, no matter their age
- Start or join a GCM podcast club as a way to connect with other women
- You can be a mentor too! Look for younger moms who need encouragement.
- We are never alone because God is with us, but it’s hard to remember that when life gets crazy. Kat and Wynter share what helps them remember God in the midst of life.
- “Should is not a sustainable why.” Don’t just do things you SHOULD do if you don’t have a good reason for WHY.
- Helping your kids develop healthy friendships and community
- Not trying to over control your children’s lives and praying through how involved you should be in their friendships
- Hope for dealing with irrational fears and grief
- Giving yourself permission to be honest with God when you aren’t coping well and realizing that he is good despite your circumstances
Direct download: GCMLiveKatWynterEp185.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CDT