It’s painful when our dreams fall apart. Stephanie Giddens shares how although her family’s dream to move to Africa didn’t work out, God gave her an even bigger dream for the refugee community in her own city. The God assigned her the privilege of building Vickery Trading Company. A company that provides for families, empowers refugee women and bridges cultural divides.
The GREAT news is you can be a part of empowering women by purchasing any of the sewn items! The BEST news is, they not only have adorable dresses for little girls, for a limited time they have holiday lounge pants for men, women and children!!! (Check them out here)
What we chat about:
- The surprising twists and turns in Stephanie’s family’s story.
- Grieving over the death a dream and not understanding the “why” behind bad circumstances.
- We as believers get the privilege of being a part of God’s story.
- How Stephanie is helping refugees in Dallas with her children’s clothing company, Vickery Trading Co.
- The struggle that refugees face when they come to America.
- Stories of hope God has orchestrated with the refugees Stephanie works with
- Building community among people of different cultures by focusing on the commonalities we all have as people.
- English is one of the biggest barriers for refugees.
- How focusing on what is going well and on encouragement can make a big difference in your outlook on life.
Direct download: GCMStephanieGiddensEp187.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CST