Scripture tells us to ‘cast our cares upon the Lord’. But how do we practically obey that command while gripped by the stronghold of anxiety? Today I’m talking with Ashley Willis about battling anxiety, a topic she’s experienced first hand.
Whether you’ve experienced anxiety personally or not, chances are someone in your life will. Listen as Ashley discusses practical ways to get to the root of anxiety, and how to fight fear with the truth of God’s Word.
We’re answering the questions you shared with me over on Instagram. Questions about whether anxiety is a sin, when/if medication should be used, how to help a spouse who is anxious and several other questions. Thank you for being brave in sharing your stories with me. You are not alone.
What we chat about:
- Is a Christian’s struggle with anxiety a form of sin?
- Coping with anxiety by understanding the lies the mind believes and replacing those lies with the truth of God’s Word.
- When to address anxiety with Christian counseling and medication, if necessary.
- How do we practically obey the command of casting our cares upon the Lord?
- Wrestling with the decision to take medication for anxiety and depression.
- The importance of addressing the root of anxiety and not just the symptoms.
- Fighting anxiety by reciting Scripture and praying out loud.
- How to come alongside family members battling anxiety.
- The importance of talking openly about anxiety in safe contexts, especially as moms.
- Keeping the fear of “what-if’s” from overrunning our lives.
- Jesus’ example of spending time alone to commune with His Father.
Biblical Counseling Resources:
Direct download: GCMAshleyWillisEp180.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CST