So much of parenting is really about the work God is doing in our own hearts. Jeannie Cunnion shares her story of being set free from the shame of her past and learning to let go of performance-based parenting.
If you feel there IS something that separates you from the love of God, this is the episode for you. Jeannie shares encouraging truth and practical applications for giving ourselves and our kids grace.
What we chat about:
- Why we need to be set free from shame of our pasts to live in the freedom of Christ.
- Jeannie’s story of a painful, short-lived marriage and the shame she carried from it.
- What performance-based parenting looks like.
- Shame-driven messages vs. grace-driven messages.
- We all have things that we believe will separate us from God, but he says nothing will separate us.
- Research about children who grow up in Christian homes.
- The importance of talking to our children about our failings and God’s grace.
- Creating a home of confession instead of a home of perfection.
- Acknowledge that we’re all going to make mistakes and that’s ok.
- Jeannie’s Three R’s: Remember, Rely and Recognize
Direct download: GCMJeannieCunnionEp190.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CDT