The Bible tells of healings, miracles and the power of the Holy Spirit, but God’s power didn’t stop after the New Testament. Today’s guest Courtney Smallbone shares her personal story of God’s power in the hardest circumstances imaginable.
Supernatural healing is for today. Courtney’s story of finding freedom from anxiety and miraculous healing for her infant son is a powerful testimony of God’s faithfulness.
As moms we have a lot of fear and anxiety. We carry a lot. We have these little people that we’re in charge of and discipling. It gets exhausting and hard. I felt like the Lord just filled me with himself. He has given me not the spirit of fear, but love and power and a sound mind. I needed a sound mind when I was dealing with anxiety. He has given us power through his Holy Spirit and we can walk that out as moms in everyday life.
What we chat about:
- Courtney’s testimony of seeing God move in her life and health
- How Courtney met her husband Luke Smallbone of For King and Country
- The impact of Luke’s autoimmune disease on Courtney and her family
- Dealing with anxiety and prescription medicine dependence
- Getting freedom from the shame and finding healing holistically
- The importance of community in the healing process
- Why the church needs to embrace a holistic approach to healing and helping people be open about sharing their struggles
- Courtney’s physical issues with her most recent pregnancy
- The miracle of her son’s healing
- Teaching our kids that prayer is powerful and effective and that God is real
- Worshipping with your children invites them into a lifestyle of worship
- Hearing God for others and the gift of the praying in the spirit
Direct download: GCMCourtneySmallboneEp201.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CDT