You may know you “should” keep the Sabbath. And perhaps you then get stuck on “how”. Hopefully this episode will remove the shameful burden of “should” and shift the question from “how” to “who”. Shelly Miller, author of Rhythms of Rest, joins me in helping you develop a rhythm to cease from work and celebrate true rest in Jesus.
But what does sabbath rest look like specifically for young moms and those in ministry? Listen in as Shelly talks through the difference between routines and rhythms, and Jesus’ call to embrace what is easy and light.
What we chat about:
- What does it mean to practice sabbath in 2017?
- Separating the sabbath from rules and regulations, and embracing what is “easy and light.”
- The way we rest is unique to who we are, and may be different from how even our family members find rest.
- Prioritizing rest as a family and coming up with a plan for how each family member can practice sabbath.
- The main goal isn’t a set amount of time or even a day, but setting apart time time to rest
- Discovering the difference between routines and rhythms.
- How planning and preparation impact our ability to rest.
- Advice for the mom whose family is uninterested in implementing the sabbath.
- Finding like-minded community in Shelly’s Sabbath Society.
Direct download: GCMShellyMillerEp181.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CST