As an author, event planner, teacher, wife, mom of 10 and grandmother to 2, September McCarthy has plenty to fill her days. She relates to the universal exhaustion on our mom souls–the beating ourselves up and the fighting for joy.
September has so much wisdom to share from what God has taught her in seasons of busyness and motherhood in different stages.
Listen as we go through questions from GCM listeners on motherhood topics including finding joy in the hard times, the value of rest and bringing your children alongside you in your work as a mom.
As moms we are going to be tired. Might as well be tired over the things that bring you joy. And choose those things.
What we chat about:
- September’s motherhood story including miscarriages & infant loss.
- Answers to questions from moms like you.
- Focusing less on feeling the joy in your days and more on gratitude.
- When you are in the busy seasons of life, be cautious what you take on. Ask yourself, do I need to do this?
- Not letting our “fear of missing out” for children direct our decisions.
- The importance of guarding our thoughts and taking negative thoughts captive.
- “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2
- There is value and strength in rest and doing what God wants for your body.
- Find one to two moms who can help you when you need it.
- Let go of feeling like you need to everything well and enjoy it.
- Bringing your kids into you work as a mom and encouraging them to work as a team.
- Tips on teaching character to kids who want your attention all the time.
Direct download: GCMSeptemberMcCarthyEp189.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CST