Discipline. It’s such an important part of parenting and so hard. But, we don’t have to be alone on the journey. Join me as I sit down with two moms of littles from my church, Meredith and Hailey. We chat about the common struggles and questions that come up in disciplining young kids.
Our kids) have the opportunity to be saved by grace through faith just like we were, not by works and not by good parenting. But, it’s the consistency of the love and the safety. And when you have that and they do confess faith then you have the Holy Spirit on your side to do the convicting.
What we chat about:
- Discipline can be a struggle, but we’re not alone in this journey
- Ask yourself, “Will it matter in 10 years?”
- Focusing on making our children feel safe
- The child that’s annoying you the most, you should hug the most even though it’s the opposite of your instinct
- A lot of the anger that comes up in us as moms comes from unresolved issues in us, not just our kids’ behavior
- Mommy Time, getting intentional focused time with each child
- During the 0-5 ages, kids change so much it’s difficult to keep up with the huge developmental changes they are undergoing
- Leaning into the Holy Spirit when we need to make a decision in parenting to avoid letting fear and insecurity win
- It’s hard to know what the realistic expectations are for obedience at different ages
- Don’t sabotage the good in pursuit of the great
- Disciplining in public requires different tools, take steps to set your kids up to win
- Your kids will be saved by grace through faith and not through perfect parenting
- God’s kindness leads us to repentance, so we need to discipline with kindness as well
- Grace for parenting changes when you add a new baby to your family
More Episodes on Discipline:
**Amazon Affiliate link. At no extra cost to you a portion of your purchase will go back to support the God Centered Mom Podcast.
Direct download: GCMMeredithHaileyEp199.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CST