There is a lot of pressure placed on moms to nurture and care for our families. Add the responsibilities of a full-time job on top of that and it easy to see why being a mom is called the hardest job in the world.
My friends Causha Jolly and Stacey McCabe share about life as working moms and the difficult balance they maintain everyday. I love how they share their hearts about being obedient to God’s assignment for them to work outside the home even in the difficult season of mothering little ones.
As a community of God-centered moms, we’re called to cheer on our sisters. It’s my hope that this episode will encourage you to bless and support other moms as they obey God.
Remember who you are in Christ, remember that you are called, remember that you are a daughter of the most high and never doubt that.
(STAY TUNED. . .later this week I’ll release a blog post with more practical ideas on work/life balance from Causha)
What we chat about:
- Causha and Stacy’s motherhood stories and why they chose to work outside the home
- Why it’s harder for moms to travel and not worry about your kids vs. husbands traveling
- How to respond when we fear we aren’t enough and struggle under the weight of expectations placed on moms
- The difficulty of finding care for your kids while you work
- The false internal judgement of good mom to bad mom scale
- Feeling a divine assignment from God to be in a certain job
- How it’s necessary to say, “No” to a lot when you have limited family time
- The need to show grace for yourself so that you can have grace with your kids
- Moms can’t be there every moment of every day, but Jesus will always be there
- Teaching our kids to turn to Jesus to meet every one of their needs
- Dealing with moments of insecurity as a working mom
- When we judge a mom for her choices then we miss out on the blessing of supporting her in her obedience
Direct download: GCMStaceyCausha.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CDT