In a time when biblical truth is often narrowed down to a greeting card slogan or a small subset of feel-good encouragements, the She Reads Truth community takes a different approach. The bible studies and reading plans from She Reads Truth take a deep dive into scripture with the goal to understand the big picture of who God is throughout history and our need for his grace.
SRT co-founder and CEO Raechel Myers shares the community’s origin and her personal story of encountering God’s goodness amidst the loss of her daughter. Jump in to hear Raechel share her heart for studying scripture and relying on the Holy Spirit in the difficult places of parenting.
I can base my understanding of God on the 36 years that I’ve experienced with him, but that is a mistake. God’s story is so far back before I ever existed. And so one of the important reasons that we read the Bible is to understand the broader story of who God is and how I fit into his story, not how he fits into mine.
What we chat about:
- Raechel’s writing background and the purpose behind her first blog
- How God trained and equipped Raechel through various experiences before She Reads Truth began
- The origin of the She Reads Truth community
- Taking God’s word for what it is and not relying too heavily on devotionals or feel-good scriptures alone
- She Reads Truth has options for everything from free reading plans to beautiful, bound books
- A new children’s story book they’ve produced called This Is the Gospel
- Addressing faith and trusting that God is who he says he is with your older kids
- Why scripture plays such a key role in our understanding of who God is beyond our own experience with him
- The importance of modeling Christian life for our children’s spiritual formation
Direct download: RaechelMyersEp211.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CST