Contemporary Christian musicians Chris Rademaker and Jodi King followed God’s call to pursue a musical adventure as the husband-wife duo Love & The Outcome. They share their experiences of selling their home, walking through grief, newlywed life on the road as musicians and their transition into parenting.
Jodi especially talks through how she leans on the Holy Spirit in her parenting, managing expectations and other people’s reactions.
I’ve had to learn how to just know the Holy Spirit. So in the moments when we’re in public and I’m parenting, I focus on Him. It’s so easy to turn and see everyone else’s reaction to what I just did was or I can just try and do my best to really listen to the Holy Spirit in the moment so that I can feel confident in my decisions.
I love how Chris and Jodi open up about playing shows and bringing their two young sons Milo and Ziggy along for the ride. There’s so much encouragement for moms of littles in this episode, including letting our standards slip a little so we can still experience community even if it’s messy and involves take-out food instead of handcrafted meals.
Maybe it’s just a season. But maybe it’s forever. I don’t really know what the Lord has. But letting go of some of my ideals has been so good. I have to acknowledge that I have a 2.5-year-old and a 1-year-old. Life looks like this right now, and it is the dream if I choose to be present to it and enjoy it.
What we chat about:
- When Jodi and Chris met and started a touring band
- Their Enneagram types and how they work together as a couple
- How the Lord directed their path through grief and loss
- Parenting and challenges that come when touring with kids
- Dwelling in the Holy Spirit to make decisions
- Transitions in parenting and learning to lean into the Holy Spirit vs worrying what others think
- The concessions you make to connect with community when you are in a busy season
- Freeing yourself up from pre-conceived plans of what life “should” look like
- A new way to look at living the dream and choosing to be present in what your life is like now
**Amazon affiliate link to help support the production of this podcast.
Direct download: JodiChrisEp215.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CST