Ever want to hear from the woman behind rock star kids?
In this episode, Helen Smallbone, mother of 7 grown children including Christian music stars Joel and Luke Smallbone (For King & Country) and Rebecca St. James, shares stories of motherhood and practical advice she’s learned along the way. She and her husband moved their family from Australia to America more than 25 years ago. It was a faith-building journey that changed their family forever.
“Sometimes when you face life crises what God’s doing is setting a new foundation. In this time, he took everything away from us,” Smallbone said. “We had no money, no resources, no family and no friends. But in that refining process, he gave everything back to us, but with a new foundation where he was the provider. He showed himself to be faithful for providing all our needs.”
- Stories of living by faith and God providing for the Smallbone family when they moved from Australia to America
- Homeschooling a large family and fostering responsibility and work skills in your kids
- Teaching family values while dealing with bad attitudes and behaviors in your kids
- Taking a “time out” as a mom to pray for your children and waiting on the Lord for breakthrough for specific ways to resolve behavior problems
- Focusing on the eternal value of building relationships with our kids versus the temporary focus on everyday tasks
- Spending time with children who may be acting out because they need more attention
- How quantity time often becomes quality time with our families
- Taking a traditional naptime or quiet time after lunch with fill yourself up to finish the day strong as a mom
- Keeping the communication line open with your children no matter their age.
Direct download: HelenSmallboneSofM4.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CST