In this episode, Jen shares what she’s learned about heaven (from co-leading a study for 100+ women). She also gives a super practical way to figure out how you can help a friend in need. Jen reminds us mamas to hold our children loosely. To realize we have the privilege of partnering with God, but ultimately how our children “turn out” is up to him.
And this. . .
It’s hard in the crisis to build that support system. Invest in women’s lives now. Not because you’re going to need them in case you have cancer. But that the time invested in friendships, meaningful friendships is worth it.–Jen
My biggest take-away from our conversation is to view my “to do” list as a “get to do” list. What joy to get to pick up my boys from school, to get to serve them meals, and to get to put them to bed!
Wrapping up this summer may we all see our everyday in light of eternity. Be grateful for all our “get to”s. And invest in our sweet friendships.
Read more of Jen’s story:
What we chat about:
- Jen’s surprise engagement, surprise baby and surprise cancer diagnosis.
- Hope for the mom with chronic sickness/trauma/heartache.
- What Jen’s learned about how friends help well.
- The truths Jen gained from studying Heaven last summer.
- Lessons for all of us to hold our children loosely.
- Dealing with temper tantrums and other challenging behavior when mom is sick.
- The value of building strong friendships.
- “Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.” (Psalm 115:1)
- “Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you dwell.” (Psalm 43:3)
- In Light of Eternity by Randy Alcorn
- “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.” (Colossians 3:2-3)
- Nobody’s Cuter than You by Melanie Shankle
- Just Show Up by Kara Tippetts & Jill Lynn Butelyn
- Glorify App—Glorify your relationship with God with 50% off unlimited access to premium
content designed to help you get into good worship habits and grow closer to God. Download the Glorify app now, create an account and enter code DMA in the
profile section for a special limited-time discount of 50%.
- Lovevery — Take the guesswork out of your child’s play. Choose Lovevery TODAY and get free shipping when you sign up to receive your Play Kits at Lovevery.com/DMA.