In today’s episode, my husband Bruce & I share the story of our last 3 years. A period of time where his workload was heavy, children were all-consuming and personal time was almost non-existent.
Can you relate?
If your husband has (or you have) a demanding career, then hopefully our story will remind you you are not alone. Maybe hearing how we coped will give you ideas to keep your head above water. (And there are a few general marriage tips we throw in as a bonus).
What we talk about:
- Our brief summary of life for the past three years
- Sacrifice is bearable when doing something that matches your strengths/gifts
- How Heather was “awesome” 😉 while Bruce worked a lot
- Wives, guilt trips and making things worse
- When it feels like the hard times/challenges seem like they will never be over
- How wives can best help husbands–not what you think
- The importance of a strong marriage going into a season of a demanding career
- Spending money on date nights now versus counseling later
- Is it okay to go to bed angry?
- Timing for conversations is everything
- Understanding your spouse, how he/she is wired and what works best
- Sometimes challenging seasons can grow the communication of your marriage
- Double A Short Stop prospects (don’t even ask)
- Life is just hard . . .assume that as a baseline and everything else is gold.
(Amazon Affliliate Links below)
Have you and your spouse ever been through a challenging season? What helped you “weather” the storm?
Direct download: Husband_Demanding_Job_Ep_38.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CDT