After 15 years of marriage, Jenn Jett experienced the pain of divorce. But in that place of brokenness, she felt peace that God would redeem and heal her as she said, “Yes” to him.
Listen as she shares her story about how the Lord pursued her, fought for her and surprised her more than she expected with his redeeming love.
The Lord called me to himself and said, ‘Your hope does not need to be in the success of your marriage, it needs to be in me.’ We are so motivated by measures of success and we can look at our circumstances and either feel great or responsible and shameful.
What we chat about:
- Jenn’s story of brokeness and pain in marriage and divorce
- Redefining redemption from God’s perspective
- Marriage and motherhood can become idols
- Saying Yes to the things of God can take us on an adventure
- The importance of community and friends as we process lies we’re believing
- The power of prayer and learning not to hold back in prayer
- Healing and restoration is possible even after what feels like a catastrophe
- The Lord pursues and fights for us through multiple ways
- Scripture: Isaiah 61 & 62
- Finding our identity in Christ is so key before we have a hard life situation
Direct download: GCMJennJettEp193.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am CDT